Over time, even the best browsers start to get bogged down by the weight of add-ons, modifications, extensions and so on. Firefox is no exception, even with its most recent iteration, Quantum.
Fortunately, we can update our profile to clean the board and navigate again as fast as the day I downloaded it. This is how you do it.
- Open Firefox.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the Firefox window. This opens a drop-down menu that contains most of the settings that you can configure in the browser without entering legitimate browser attempts.
- Click Help near the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information from the Help menu.
- Click Update Firefox in the upper right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- Mozilla will notify you that you are about to delete browser add-ons and restore everything to its default settings. In short, you are about to erase everything that has changed in the browser. Click on Update Firefox to continue.
- After Mozilla updates the browser, it will find a success screen. Click on Go to continue using the browser in its newest and cleanest form.
- 10 Worst data failures of all time
- Best antivirus protection for PC, Mac and Android  What to do after a data breach